About Kayakalpa Yoga Poses
Kayakalpa yoga helps in toning nerves and strengthening the central nervous system as a whole. The yoga practice activates crown charka, which is positioned in the centre of the forehead to affect energy flow. Involvement in the practice promotes a healthy body and a calm mind. In a nutshell, the principle of kayakalpa ensures physical fitness and spiritual satisfaction of the practitioner.
Practising Kayakalpa Yoga Poses
- Kayakalpa encompasses breathing exercises and activities that help energy flow throughout the body to improve health.
- Kayakalpa yoga emphasises on relaxation, breathing and energy control. There should not be any distraction in breathing and energy focus. Kayakalpa pose is performed in a relaxed and seated position.
- Kayakalpa breathing practices such as fire breath emphasise on the intent as well as structure of breathing. A practitioner breathes in and out slowly followed by exhaling forcefully through the mouth. The technique relaxes and cleans up the lungs.
- Bastika is another technique of kayakalpa wherein the practitioner breathes in through the nose and breathes forcefully out through one nostril while closing the other one.
- Kayakalpa also involves receiving therapies, massage and herbal treatments wherein the participant is asked to assume postures according to the prescription.
- It should be practised under the supervision of a mentor.
- Kayakalpa slows down the ageing process and extends the normal life span.
- It boosts immune system to prevent infections and diseases.
- Practising kayakalpa helps to correct unhealthy habits and transforms lifestyle.
- It decreases the likelihood of ill-effects of hereditary problems.
- Kayakalpa yoga poses strengthen a woman’s reproductive system and prevent complications associated with menstrual cycles.
- Yogic practice reduces the complications of chronic diseases such as asthma, diabetes, piles and skin diseases.
- It ensures that brain cells remain active and perform at an optimum level.
- Kayakalpa yoga pose enhances functions of the nervous system.
- It brings emotional calmness and spiritual satisfaction.
- It helps in correct alignment of cells by making few changes in the crown chakra.
- Kayakalpa poses also involve physical activity, which helps to maintain weight.